Friday, May 3, 2013

Mission Trip-Part 2

My sisters, as I mentioned in the blog earlier this week, I had the joyous opportunity to go on a mission trip in April.  As you all know, some events in our lives serve as markers or milestones, things that happen to us that are life-changing and encourage us tremendously in our walk with Christ.   This mission trip was one such event in my life.  This journey lasted only 7 days, but those 7 days left an indelible mark on my heart.
One of the highlights of the trip was our school visits.  Members of our team split up into groups and visited various schools, and the school that I was blessed to see was a Christian school that had the sweetest, most well-behaved kids I had ever seen in a classroom setting: very courteous, very polite, and so respectful!   I had a chance to speak to the children about what they desired to be when they grew up, using Jeremiah 29:11 as my subject verse.  These precious kids aimed high; I heard some say doctor, teacher, veterinarian, even cardiologist…and these were elementary aged children!  What a blessing it was to visit these little ones and meet their teachers.  I will never forget their beautiful smiling faces!  
I believe that the most memorable event for me was the women’s conference that was held the Saturday we were there. Women from all over the Linstead community in Jamaica came to be fed spiritually from the word of God.   Ladies, can you believe that we had about 600 women in attendance!  The conference included main speakers, seven different breakout sessions, praise & worship, and a movie shown at the end.
 I was blessed to lead a session on prayer, and I felt very overwhelmed by the women’s interest on the subject.   Amazingly, just this week I was able to speak with one of the women from my session; I prayed with her and encouraged her, and she requested some additional information on prayer.  Furthermore, what also truly encouraged me happened at the end of one of my sessions. A precious sixteen year old girl came up to me with a fervent desire to talk with me, and she asked many deep questions on various subjects from the Bible.  How I wish I could have spent more time with her, but the minutes that I had to share with her from the Scriptures will be a memory I will always treasure!
God is so good to allow me to take this journey.  He even provided some rest time for our team before we were scheduled to return home.   Of course, I could go on and on about other things that I experienced, but for now I will simply say that my life will never be the same because of this mission trip, and I am more than willing to go again, as He provides the opportunity.  
So, my sisters, if the Lord is tugging at your heart to go on a mission trip, watch what He will do in your life if you say, “Yes, Lord I will go.  Send me!”

No comments: