Monday, August 5, 2013

GET AROUND TO IT

DING DONG....the SCHOOL BELLS ARE RINGING!!!

Friday, the teachers started back to school.  Tomorrow the students come for half a day and Thursday we jump right into the swing of full-time school.

Whewwwww.........where did the summer go?  I had soooo many projects I planned to complete and so many things to do.......but the time got away from me.  We got out of school the last week of May.....and the next week we jumped into Vacation Bible School......and it seems as if it has been non-stop since then.

I had good intentions.  I even mapped out my plans in my mind.  BUT....I never got around to it.

My husband and I signed up for Bible Classes last fall through Liberty Bible College.  We were excited.  We knew it would be something we could do together and we would really enjoy as we learned.  We had great intentions.  BUT.....we did not take into consideration all of our previous obligations:  church, our secular jobs, our families out of town, our children, deaths in the church, weddings in the church, etc.

Monthly, we make payments....paying for the Bible Courses that we committed to.......but almost a year later and we have still not started them.  Isn't that awful!!!  I am almost ashamed to admit it.

We had great intentions.....But we never followed through.

I always plan to send Sympathy Cards to hurting folks, but I am ashamed to say....many times, I have good intentions, but I never follow through.

It is almost time for my yearly medical check-up.  Last year, I decided that I would start eating healthier, add more exercise and lose some weight.  A year has past.  I had great intentions...............but I never followed through.

The list could go on and on of "great intentions" that I "never got around to it".

People all around us "intend" to get their lives right with the Lord.  They "intend" to get saved.  However, people, every day are dying and going to hell.  Most of those people had great intentions......they just never got around to it.

Are there things that you have "never got around to it?"  Let's work hard to shorten our lists of "good intentions" and change them to "good deeds."

It is Time to GET AROUND TO IT!!!

No comments: