Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dear Church Member....Part 2


Dear church member, (Part 2)

1.      When you publicly pray out loud for my husband and/or my family, tears of joy and humility and gratefulness flow down my face.

2.      Your faithfulness to our Lord encourages me.

3.      Hugs mean so much….especially when they are combined with a whisper in my ear telling me how much you love my family.

4.      Taking notes in Bible study and in worship encourages my husband.

5.      When you invite us to eat with you and we don’t talk about church ‘issues’ but talk about God or football or your life or anything but church issues….is so much fun!!

6.      Your willingness to serve our Lord blesses me.

7.      It helps so much when you want to babysit our children.

8.      I want our children to love church and to love going to church.

9.      Thank you for being a surrogate grandparent to my children….their grandparents live so far away.

10.  I am so grateful for the cards you send or the little notes you write on the back of a bulletin encouraging us.

11.  Sometimes I feel like I am the only one praying for my husband.

12.  I am not like your former pastor’s wife.

13.  I wish I could play the piano and sing in the choir.

14.  Thank you for your compassion for the lost, for your love for Christ’s church and for being faithful to His Word.

15.  Sometimes I stay in my jammies all day…..and so do my kids.

16.  My house is rarely completely clean, the beds are not always made and I hardly ever wash my windows….but I’d love for you to come over and chit-chat.

17.  I am not good at coordinating ‘funeral food’.  It gives me diarrhea just thinking about it.

18.  I am envious of other pastor’s wives who seem to have it all together and who do so much for you.

19.  I have to repent for being envious.  In fact, I do a LOT of repenting!!!  I sin a LOT!

20.  I am imperfect.

21.  I am forgiven.

22.  I am praying for you!

Lovingly, Your Pastor’s wife

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love, Love, Love! Laughed, cried, agreed, laughed again.....