Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Step Out.......of Your Comfort Zone

Step Out.....of Your Comfort Zone.

Yes, you heard me right.  I, of all people like the comfort of STAYING in my Comfort Zone.  I do not like change period.  I work really, really hard to over-come that problem.....but deep down, I like the comfort of "familiar".

I have been asked to do something that is totally out of my comfort zone.  (I am sure you will hear more about it in months to come.)  Anyway.....while fretting and pondering and even worrying about it............a dear email friend of mine sent these words to me:  "Sometimes God has to kick us out of our comfort zone in order to give us a blessing we would have missed otherwise."  

She sent me a reply to an email that I had sent her and that same day, I read an online devotion that pretty much said the same thing.  In the devotion it said that when we continue to STAY in our comfort zone, we get so comfortable that we are able to function......without HIS HELP more so.  The devotion talked about how we need to even pray for opportunities to be able to step out of our comfort zone....so we are forced to FULLY RELY ON HIM.

Anyway.....through Michelle's words and the devotion, God spoke to be and clearly showed me that I NEED to STEP OUT.

Are you guilty of being like me and "staying in your comfort zone" or have you already taken the challenge and "stepped out of that zone?" 

I would love to hear testimonies from you concerning "stepping out".

Please pray for me.......as I take this challenge.

No comments: