Tuesday, January 26, 2016

PUBLIC.....YET LONELY

Okay, Ladies..................at the risk of sounding like I am on a pity party.............I'm just going to share what is on my heart.  What better place to do that than with ladies who UNDERSTAND.

I got to thinking about Vicki's post..........where everyone knows your name..............

That is sooo true.  Everywhere I go.........someone knows me by "the preacher's wife" or the SCMS "Teacher".  I smile and pretend I know them too.  Very embarrassing sometimes.

Being a pastor's wife is sooooooo "PUBLIC", yet many times sooooo "LONELY".

Sometimes....I just wish I could just be plain ole "Kathy". 

Out in the secular world.......I am forever walking upon a conversation where they immediately STOP when they see me.  (Makes you wonder if they were talking about ME or just talking about subjects that they had no business talking about......)

On another note.............don't you just love it when you are in the group and someone says a "dirty" word or something inappropriate and the "talker" will look you straight in the eyes and say, "I'm sorry, preacher's wife.....or excuse me, preacher's wife"???

I DO appreciate the fact that they respect me enough to realize that I don't "like" that talk...........................but, sometimes I just want to say............hey, I am just a person.  I am NOT the "Moral Police".  I am no different that any other Christian......God is the one you should be apologizing to.

Many times, I feel that I am not "included" because I would put a cramp on their style or at least their conversations.

My children are grown and live away, so they do not attend church with us...............so even at church...................I sit alone.

Don't get me wrong............I LOVE the position God has called me and placed me.....as Pastor's Wife.  It is NOT a role that I would have chosen.  In fact....it was not even a role that I desired.  But.....it is where God placed me and called me and it is very rewarding at times.  Sometimes it is lonely and sometimes it is heartbreaking.  Sometimes it is frustrating.  Sometimes it is busy and tiring....................but the REWARDS outweigh it all...

I am JUST so thankful for The TN PRIME RIB to be able to VENT............and thankful for other pastor's wives that "understand" ......I am thankful for Lana Rose...who has a heart for the wives...........and I am thankful for the TN Bi-Vocational Retreat every year that gives us that great big BURST of "get-up-and-go" to help us to keep trucking on.

Let's remember that we are all in the same "club" and we all need encouragement from time to time.  The little things matter.  It seems as if when I am having a really bad season......God will guide some dear pastor's wife to send me a little text message or FB message of encouragement.

I just want you to know...................I APPRECIATE YOU!

No comments: