Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wake Up Call

Now, some people do things because they are self-motivated.  Me, on the other-hand.....have to be KICKED and PUSHED.  Smile.

Back in August....I got a Minor WAKE-UP Health Call.  I say minor, because to many folks it was nothing.........but to me it was MAJOR.  I have NEVER had ANY blood pressure problems, etc.  In fact, it has always been a joke with me.........I go to the doctor and if someone new takes my blood pressure.............they take it the second time because they would take ONE LOOK at me and think.........there is NO WAY her blood pressure is that good. 

Anyway....without going in to graphic details......I had my "wake-up call"....called the doctor, who wanted to see me.  By the time I got to the doctor's office, I was scared...............so the first thing I said was.....I KNOW I need to exercise, eat better and lose weight......I will do ANYTHING...........just tell me what to do.

A DOCTOR'S DREAM.....................

He Jumped all over that....................

To make a long story short.........I was put on medication for three weeks, but had to go off because my blood pressure was too low...........but, I DID start exercising and making better choices in my eating.

My husband is built like his granddaddy who died of a heart attack, so he had already been saying..............we are getting at an age where we need to add exercise and eat better, so..........he was a very willing partner and we have supported each other all the way.

The results so far.........
  • we have both dropped many pounds
  • we feel better
  • we have less health complaints
  • and we have a new wardrobe because our previous clothes no longer fit
I say all of this to say.............this was my health wake-up call.  No....I will never know if it was a warning.......or just a scare....................but it DID scare me enough to NOT want to take a chance.

Sometimes God uses different things to get out attention................whether it is our health......our relationship with our families.........our relationship with our church people and/or friends...............or whatever.

My prayer is that we will always be willing to do whatever it is that God wants us to do....in every corner of our lives. 

No comments: