Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Another Opportunity


An early morning sun blazed through my bedroom window on Sunday.  After a week of VBS, all I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep.  However, the day ahead at church was full and as the pastor’s wife I knew I needed to be at church supporting my husband. 

As I dressed for church, my attitude was really stinky.  I have heard the excuse that people don’t attend church because Sunday is their only day of rest.  Well, what about ministers and their families? 

Gee, I really needed an attitude adjustment.  If I drank coffee I might have downed a whole pot.  However, the only cup of coffee I have had in my entire life was while on a mission trip to Brazil.  It was a strong cup of “Go Go” juice that had me wired for days.  Instead, opted for some chocolate for breakfast.  I mean every chocoholic knows that just a bite can make the world a better place.   Nope, it did not work.

Finally, I picked up my bible and prayed that God would lift my dragging spirit.  I was ashamed that I was forcing myself to “go to church.”  Suddenly, God planted a thought in my mind.  This day was another opportunity to serve the Lord!  It was another opportunity to share Jesus with someone.  It was another opportunity to sit side by side with other struggling church members and find encouragement.  It was another opportunity to worship the Savior of the world.

Sisters, ministry wives grow weary.  We fuss, get irritated and just want to crawl back into bed.  However, we need to remember to thank the Lord for everyday He gives us because it is another opportunity to lead a lost soul to Jesus.

“In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus.”


No comments: