Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Feeling of Accomplishment



This is one of my favorite times of the year..... I LOVE gathering the garden and storing away for the winter.  Squash relish and canned tomatoes...............I LOVE the "POP" sound when the jar seals.  ACCOMPLISHED!!!


AND....fresh frozen corn.  YUM-YUM.  I cut it off the cob and also freeze whole corn and we enjoy it throughout the year.



We always look forward to fresh blueberries.  We love them fresh off the vine....and also frozen.  Nothing like opening the freezer and getting a hand full of yummy frozen blueberries.  I also decided to can some blueberry pie filling this year and we have one small cherry tree so I canned those too.

Also....ever since Dana James posted her DELICIOUS Fresh Blueberry Pound cake recipe last year, we have enjoyed at least one or two per season.


 THEN....while cutting off the corn to freeze.....I take the ripest fresh tomatoes, add the corn, add other desired veggies..............and can veggie soup.  We like to open it and heat and eat just like it is..............but sometimes I open a couple of cans and add some more veggies and sometimes even chicken or beef and we have a quick yummy soup.  Since there are just two of us at home now, it is hard for us to eat an entire pot of soup by ourselves at one time.

Our beans are not quite ready............soon I will be canning beans.

Some people ask me why I bother.  Others say....its too expensive and too much trouble.

I do it because we LOVE the home canned food..............and I LOVE the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT.

In this busy, hectic world...........we ALL need to find something that we can enjoy doing; any hobby................and once we are finished, experience the ACCOMPLISHED feeling................
BECAUSE, let's face it ladies............church work is hard and many times, although the seeds are being planted, we do not get to experience the feeling of "accomplishment" nor do we get to see the results.

What do you do that makes you feel ACCOMPLISHED?

No comments: