Monday, August 22, 2016

Pokemon

Okay....I guess I am showing my age, but I just don't get the Pokémon Craze.  I really thought very little about it until it began to interfere with MY LIFE.  Yes....you heard me right.....

My husband and I typically drive downtown Dayton in the evening and take our walk around the courthouse and down the streets.  We got busy during the summer, canning, etc. and neglected our walking so it was a little over a month when we decided it was time to jump on the band wagon again.

We can barely walk because of the huge crowd of Pokémon Players standing in the way.  They are EVERYWHERE.  And....they obviously are in their own world and do not even see the few of us that are there just to get our exercise.

When I first began to hear about Pokémon....it brought me back to several years ago when our 27 year old was in school...........he collected Pokémon cards.  (In fact he probably still has his collection of coveted cards.)  WOW....how time changes...........CARDS are NOT what its all about.  Grown men and women; people of all ages and genders are in their vehicles and walking catching and capturing these little creatures.  Wheww.....that is too much for me.

But....I got to thinking....
Isn't it sad that we, as Christians don't have the passion, that drive and that motivation to go out and catch, capture and bring in the lost souls?  What a revival we would have if Christians could just get the Pokémon Craze....when it comes to winning souls to Christ.  Just a thought.....

No comments: