Thursday, November 3, 2016

Faucet or Drain?

Jack McCall spoke at our school in-service in August.  That was the second time that I had had the opportunity to hear him.

One of the things that he spoke about that I carried away with me was "The Faucets and Drains" of our lives.  Everyone we come in contact with is either a faucet or a drain.  They either give or take.

As the pastor's wife and pastor............it seems like LOTS of the people that take up so much of our days are DRAINS.

After a while.............the DRAINS............drain US.

I know that this is the ministry that God has called us into..................but many days, I just long for FAUCETS...............because the DRAINS are wearing me out.

And, sadly........the DRAINS go on and on. 

You know the kind I am talking about...........the ones that want to talk and talk and talk and say the same thing over and over again................. but HEAR nor HEED to ANY ADVICE.  They will come by or call all hours of the day.  They are selfish and think of no one but themselves.  Whewww..................

Am I the only person that sometimes just wants to say, "Time out God................and then tell those DRAINS to GET A LIFE.  You made your bed, now lay in it?"

Sometimes....I don't WANT to be the pastor's wife...................I want to be ugly.  (Oops....confession 101.)

Please send me some MORE FAUCETS in my life to balance out the DRAINS....

Am I the only one?


No comments: