Friday, September 8, 2017

Dilemma

I have not had a kitchen since the first of August.  Eating out every meal is expensive and FATTENING.  The bank account has gotten smaller and the hips have gotten larger.


Now....the BIG Dilemma currently is..............I had my big family reunion in Alabama this past weekend.  Usually it involves lots of cooking.  That did not happen.

Roger smoked some chicken on the smoker and I threw together a couple of recipes that require No Cooking............Frito Corn Salad and Apple Salad.  (I will share the recipes at the end of this blog.)

SOOOOOO....it the end....it was ALL good.

BUT....the dilemma I now have is our church Homecoming is this coming Sunday and we have a visiting preacher coming to speak.  Anyone that knows me....knows that at any church meal, I cook enough for an army and usually have nothing left.

I mean.....my typical church meal would probably consist of two pot roasts with carrots, Frito Corn Salad, pintos, Mexican cornbread, a giant banana pudding and more.

Homecoming is this weekend.  I STILL have NO WORKING kitchen.  HELP.  BIG DILEMMA!

After fretting over it and loosing sleep and lots of prayers.....I swallowed some pride and send out an email to the church members requesting and begging them to HELP me out and fix extra food.

See,,,,the church people keep asking us what they can do to HELP with our kitchen situation.  FINALLY.....I told them how they could help.  Smile.

Dilemma Solved !

Isn't this how we as pastors wives tend to do in many areas?  We undertake and do LOTS because we think it is expected and we HAVE to.  When, in reality, our church members are probably just waiting for us to ask for HELP.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 Milky Way Apple Salad


 3 red delicious apples cut up with peelings on..
2 granny smith apples cut with peeling on
1 cup of sugar creamed with 16 oz of cream cheese
16 oz cool whip
3 Milky Way bars chopped
1 cup chopped pecans
Mix all together in a large bowl



Frito Corn Salad

3 cans white shoe-peg corn, drained
1 cup Mayo
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 red sweet pepper chopped
1 sweet onion chopped.
Mix together and just before serving, add a bag of Chili Cheese Frito Corn Chips.
 

No comments: