Tuesday, September 5, 2017

DIRTY WORD: C*H*A*N*G*E !

C*H*A*N*G*E*
CHANGE

Yes....I complain because sometimes folks in church DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE.  They want things the way it has always been.

YET......I am probably the world's worse about hating change.  Because it is me, I don't even realize it.  I don't mind change at church, etc......but when it personally touches me....I DO NOT LIKE IT.

Thirty-two years ago....almost exactly, I went to a party and was introduced to BeautiControl Skincare/Makeup Company.  I fell in love with it.  That was way back in the day when "Color Me Beautiful" was so popular and so expensive.  Beauti-Control offered a similar service for FREE.  I discovered that I am COOL.....a cool WINTER to be exact.

That explained why certain colors looked best on me and also explained why the darker, bolder colors looked better than the pastels.

And the "color" for your face was easy to apply, easy to blend and for the first time in my life...............I really liked the way my makeup looked.

Long story short......from that night forward, I began using Beauti-Control.  I must confess that I could not afford ALL of IT.................so I started out with the "color" and slowly added bit by bit.  It was later when I added the skin care.

Eight after being introduced to BeautiControl, we moved to another town.  My director took the opportunity to talk me into becoming a consultant.  It was a way to meet new people in my new location.  Soon the business was growing quicker than I really wanted it to............but just as suddenly....my husband's secular job moved him two hours away and by this time, both my children were in school and I did not have time for the parties, etc....so I never had another party.

However, to get the discount and to stay active, you must place a minimum order every quarter.  Over the years, several ladies who were looking for a consultant found me and each time I placed an order, I ordered for them too.  It worked for all of us.

When my daughter got old enough, I started her on the skincare and she fell in love and begin using it.  When I gained a daughter-in-law, she also began using the products.

Are you seeing the PICTURE?  I was VERY comfortable with my products and had NO desire to ever change.

All Good Things Must Come to an END....

I got a notice the first of July saying that BeautiControl was Permanently closing its doors August 31st after

I DO NOT like CHANGE.

ESPECIALLY when it directly affects me...........

But...my Momma always taught me to try to find the good even in bad things.

NO.....the company did not decide to stay open.  (The original owner will open a new company the first of the year, but the products will be different, etc.  Not the same.)

The Good in a BAD THING:
  • Because they are closing their doors, during the past two months, they have drastically reduced the prices of the products.
  • There is a 3-5 year shelf life of the products, so I was able to purchase my foundation, blush, eye shadow and skin care, etc. at fraction of the original price.
  • Because of the great sale.....I was able to stock pile some of my favorite items.....to postpone the agony of having to find new products.
  • AND.....I was able to purchase LOTS of CHRISTMAS presents and 80-90% off.
  • The girls have lots of NICE stocking stuffers this year.
  • Everyone I know will be receiving BeautiControl for Christmas.   Smile.  Well....at least a LOT of them will.
Before all of you "consultants" for all of the million of companies out there try to reach out and win me over to your team or products..............I am not interested.  I have enough products that I LOVE to last me for a while.


That being said...............I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE.......but as much as I HATE CHANGE............................................

I LOVE BARGAINS....................so...............it was still a WIN!!!



No comments: