Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Tree

I LOVE the holidays and love putting up the tree early and enjoying it.

BUT....THAT ......DID NOT happen this year.  We finally put our tree up yesterday afternoon.  Some say..............what's the point....................well, my kids and grandkids will be here Christmas....so I wanted it up. 



Normally I spend an entire day putting up the tree............fluffing it just right and then placing each ornament...just right.  I purposely posted THIS picture to show you how imperfect it is........stockings are laying in the floor......wrapping paper is on the sofa....the tree is leaning...................BUT....IT'S OKAY.  Christmas will STILL come the same as always and you know.....probably none of my family will notice.....I am probably the only one that will even know...besides Roger.


Sometimes we get so caught up in "traditions" and "duties" that we forget the real reason for the season.

During this stressful couple of months......................we did slow down long enough to go with our grandkids to see the movie, "The Star".



If you have not seen "The Star"....I would like to encourage you to go see it.  It is a cartoon about the birth of Jesus..........but it follows very closely to the scriptures and even lets folks know that not everyone is going to heaven.

My favorite part was watching our grandkids get sooo excited when they recognized things in the movie......the Star........the Wise Men.....baby Jesus...............Mary and Joseph, etc.

If you are stressed this year and running in circles....................STOP....and choose what is the most important.  Leave the other things off.

JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!

I


No comments: