Wednesday, December 20, 2017

REACHING OUT....

Every Christmas we help several people out.  Not everyone is as blessed as us.

This year was no different.

I treated my student, Ben....the one I blogged about last time who went on T.V. saying he just wanted a "Forever Family"...........with surprises in his locker every day for a week.  He was soooooo excited, but it did not take him long to figure out that I was doing it.  I keep my Bible Journal on my desk at school and sometimes when I have my planning period, I will blog.  Randomly the students will look at it and ask me questions.  Ben was one of those curious students.  Finally about a week ago, he asked me where he could get a Bible Journal.  Needless to say, one day his "locker surprise" was a "Redneck Bible Journal" and colored pencils.

We also have a neighbor guy who I began buying Christmas for when he was very young................he is now in his thirties and I still get him Christmas every year.  (He is poor and is lacking family.)  Sometimes.....if I know what he needs, I will buy him shoes, coat, clothes, etc.  This year, I chose to just buy him several "Eating Out Gift Cards".

And....several of us went together and adopted this Mexican family that are members of our church.  It is a dad and his three children....ages 1st grade, 3rd grade and 4th grade.  Their dad is a very hard worker..........but his work slows down in the winter and especially during the holidays.  This year we bought them clothes, toys, candy, stockings, pajamas, etc........and we even got dad some clothes and a new Bible in Spanish.  He speaks very good English, but he confessed that he understands it better in his language.  (If you follow my blogs.............this is the same guy that got saved at our Tent Revival a couple of years ago.  Since.......he has invited several families to out church and all three of his children have accepted Christ.

I know that all of you HELP people too.  This is to name a few that we have helped this year.  I am only sharing it to say...............NOW.....

THIS IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT......
  • LOVING
  • CARING
  • SHARING 
  • AND REACHING OUT
 



No comments: