Monday, December 18, 2017

STOP....ENOUGH is ENOUGH

Okay....every year I like to go above and beyond to make the holidays special for my family...and friends.

This year I started early....making hard Christmas candy that a sweet friend...another pastor's wife....shared with me.  It's not hard..............just time consuming.  AND...the more I made...the more I wanted to make.  My list got longer and longer.

I blogged the last time about Roger and I hurting on the inside because of something we are facing and because of this heavy burden.

From the end of October until now is mostly a blur.....because of the heavy burden and hurt.  (I asked you to please pray....................please continue....prayers are being answered....but more are needed.)

Anyway....regardless.....my goal was still to "make" Christmas gifts.....find the perfect gifts....cook everyone's special treats.....have the house all dolled up, etc............all while dealing of the stress of the heavy burden and hurt.


Why do we feel like we HAVE to be "Super Women"?


This past weekend, we traveled to Alabama to have Christmas with our moms and siblings.

All week had been a rush, rush, rush................with very little sleep.  I was trying to "close up" things for school.....get things ready to go to Alabama....food, presents, etc........all the while getting further and further behind with daily tasks here at home.

I'm stubborn.............so it takes more for me to see things than for others. 
Friday night............while rushing around.....I slipped and fell and hurt my foot.  At that point I was not sure whether it needed medical attention or not, but..........I didn't have time for that.

A little bit later, Roger knocked his "pen press" into the floor and broke the handle off.  He makes pens for gifts.......and sells them.

He was smoking a brisket to take to his mom's for sandwiches on Saturday.  He fell asleep and burnt the brisket.........but thank goodness he was also smoking a Boston butt............but he dropped half of that in the floor.  Saturday morning he made a hasty trip to the grocery store to get a meat and cheese tray....so that we could provide the expected sandwich meat.

On the way to Alabama....a rock flew up and dinged my windshield.  AND.....I left part of the gifts at home.....the homemade salsa I had worked on one night earlier in the week that I planned on passing out to everyone.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH............................FINALLY....I GOT IT.

Time to SLOW down.....................and leave things off. 

We survived without the salsa.  My foot is still sore, but I have diagnosed it as just bruised since it seems to be getting better.

My cooking list is smaller.........................and we will survive this year without a tree and decorations in every room.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH...............time to SLOW DOWN and enjoy the Holidays.

No comments: