Saturday, November 29, 2008

IT IS FINALLY HERE.....

I am so excited!!! It is finally here. I had to wait all year, but at last.... I did think it would come a little earlier than it did though.

We got up today and decided that the whole family would go to Dollywood. This had also been a tradition for years. So we loaded up, got our hats and gloves and mitts and strollers and everything else you could think of and took off. But that meant that I still had to wait....

We went to the shows, rode the rides, enjoyed the lights, laughed and had such a wonderful time. We watched the parade through the eyes of our granddaughter who was intrigued by everything. But still, I had to wait.

The anticipation had been growing all day. I knew it would soon be time and I was getting so excited. The time was drawing near...

We stayed until the park closed, loaded everyone back up and headed to the house. Just a few more minutes!!!!

We got to the house and it was FINALLY time. We took out all the leftovers and arranged them on the counter. And now, THE TIME WAS HERE....

I opened a fresh bag of soft white bread (you know, the unhealthy kind), put the mayonnaise on the bread (not low fat, but the real deal), added a little dressing, cranberry sauce and turkey.
I poured me a great big glass of ice tea and sat down to enjoy one of the greatest moments in life...a "Thanksgiving sandwich". Nothing tastes any better than that.

Thank you God for all the wonderful blessings you give us day in and day out. This time of the year we are so mindful of all You do for us. But tonight, I especially thank you for one of my favorites.....

No comments: