Friday, November 21, 2008

Sister, Beware

One last comment on the issue of relationships. Be wise and discerning. You might have heard it said before that "people are like elevators....they will either bring you up or take you down....surround yourself with people who will bring you up."

There are people who might seek us out with impure or ungodly motives and we must seek the Lord's guidance. Many of you have been hurt by such women and know exactly what I am talking about. Seek out those women who will do as Romans 1:12 exhorts...."that is that I might encourage you while among you each by the other's faith, both yours and mine." Oh, that we would be as "iron that sharpens iron" and not get caught up in the trap of talking about people or complaining or judging or gossipping.

It is much better to have no friendships than the wrong ones....I know....I have been in both places....where I had no one....which is painful....but not nearly as painful as having the wrong ones. Please do not misunderstand me, God might have us befriend someone who is deep in sin and who is difficult to be around....but we are not to become like them or to share our most intimate issues with them. Share with those who are trustworthy....and only share what is happening in your life and in your heart....not the lives or hearts of anyone else. More minister's wives get into more sin (and trouble) with our mouths!!

Father, I want to lift up my sister who is struggling in the area of loneliness and who is in need of a Godly friend. Would You provide her, in your timing, just the woman You want her to have....women who she can encourage and who will encourage her? In the meantime, draw her close to You....may You be her dearest Friend. May she be content in her relationship with You and during this season may she get to know You in a way she has never known You before. Thank you, In Jesus' name, amen.

1 comment:

Marcella Paliekara said...

I came across your blog while searching for other woman married to Catholic priests, and I found links to sites for minister‘s wives. You see, I am married to a Catholic priest, and as you know they are not allowed to marry. They must leave their ministry if they do marry. Women like myself have not said much in public. Many people in my faith tradition still think of us as Eves holding out the apple and dragging our holy priests to hell. In truth we are just like other women, but we are different because we love a man who wants to serve the lord.

I started a blog to find other women like myself. Of course we have different issues than Protestant ministers wives, but we are all sisters, only our place in the church is still denied.

The purpose of my blog is to first own our identity, to share who we are, and how we came to be called to this life we have accepted. It is also to talk about issues that effect us, to support one another , and to discover what God wants of us, and where he is in our lives. My blog is called The Apostles Wives’ Club http://theapostleswivesclub.wordpress.com/ .

I would like to post a link to your blog, and maybe you could post mine. I would appreciate hearing form the ministers wives who come to your blog. Tell us how you came to be called to your lives. Do you feel that you were called by God into a special role as a minister’s wife, or do you feel you were called only to marriage? How would you feel if your church didn’t allow you to love a man because he is a minister?

There are so many things you could share with us, and I would welcome your input. Most of all we could share our prayers for one another as wives of ones called to serve the Lord.