Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Count It All Joy

I woke up last night thinking about what God wanted me to share with you today. I know that our thoughts are on Thanksgiving, but what can I share that you have not read in your devotions, heard your husband preach, or even shared yourself as you teach in your churches?

It is not difficult to think of our blessings this time of year. Family, friends, church, job, health, home and the list goes on. I know our Father in heaven is pleased when we have grateful hearts.

Today I want to encourage you to thank our Father for the tough times. Does that sound strange to you? We are eager to complain when things are difficult and we do not hesitate to ask God to fix it, but have you ever said, "Thank You?"

James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials."

I Peter 1:6 "In this you greatly rejoice though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials."

I Peter 4:13 "Be really glad to the extent that you partake in Christ's sufferings..."

Thanksgiving is a time to remember our blessings. I want to also be thankful that my God is at work in my life and in your life. Let's take time to thank Him for the times He gives us for our growth, times of purifying, times of pruning. These are the times that assure us that we belong to the Father.

No comments: