Monday, November 23, 2009

Luke Douglas Alexander

Yes, the title of this blog is the name of my new grandson! I have just experienced the joy of my very first grandchild and what a joy it is.

There are many things I could share with you and bore you to no end. I have a feeling I am going to be 'one of those' grandmothers who truly believe their grandchild is the most beautiful and smartest.

There is a reminder I received as I walked through this wonderful event that I would like to share with you. As we waited with my son and his wife in the hospital, her labor lasted almost two full days. During that time, we prayed, laughed, cried and shared with each other. A couple hours before delivery my son pulled out his guitar and moved his chair to the side of his sweet wife's bed. He then began to talk to his yet to be born son. He told him who was in the room and how excited he was to hold him. After a short conversation he began to sing, "He Knows Your Name". Of course, there was not a dry eye in the room and when he finished he announced the baby's name (which up to that point we all called 'Baby A').

So what is the point? I just want to remind you that our Father in Heaven, knows your name. You are not alone. He is your Maker and He has a plan.

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to remember the One who knows your name. I am sure you have much to thank God for as do I, but one of the things I want to always remember that my Father knows my name and is taking care of me.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations, Karen!! I'm so happy for you all. Thanks for sharing such a special moment with us.

Cheryl said...

Oh Karen, what a precious moment for your family. AND what beautiful song to have been sung as Luke entered this world. I am so thankful you have loving parents who love the Lord to raise Baby Luke. Thanks for sharing this sweet moment with us!

Lana said...

Karen, I agree with Pat and Cheryl. Thanks for sharing such a sweet, personal moments with us.

Tara said...

What a sweet time! Congrats!

Nancy said...

Karen, thank you for sharing that absolutely precious moment with us. It says a lot about you and how you raised your sons. What a wonderful godly heritage Luke is receiving.

k said...

Thank you everyone. It is so nice to have those around who truly rejoice with me as I rejoice.