Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Don't Know What I Need

During worship service Sunday I heard a beautiful song. I do not recall the title or who it was by. However, there were a couple of lines that captured my heart's attention.


When I don't know what I need,
I need to get on my knees.
When I don't have the strength to stand,
I need to reach for Your hand.


All I could whisper was "wow" to those words. Sometimes I cannot find the words to voice to God because I truly "don't know what I need." Only the Father knows exactly what I need from Him that day. Sometimes my strength is zapped from overwork or too many obligations. All I really want to do is to stay in bed for a few more hours of sleep. There are times when the enemy has attacked my life and I question "what's the use?" That is when God's hand is reaching out for me to take hold of. He helps me stand again.


However, you will notice in the lyrics that the action of doing something about our need or strength has to come from us. We have to KNEEL. We must REACH out for God's hand. We are the ones who have walked way, turned our backs, or tackled too much stuff. The Father is still right where we left Him. He never moved. Sisters, I hate to be the first to admit it but chocolate will not even help. We have to get to a helpless state before we really cry out to God and say "I don't know what to do or what I need."


So Sisters, what do you need today? Are you on your knees? Is your hand reaching for the Father's hand?

No comments: