Friday, October 22, 2010

A Totally Unrelated Additional Question


Okay Ladies, I am sure you can tell there is a lot going on right now at the Vinson house. It seems as though my days just run together with tasks, big and little. God is blessing and teaching so much to all of us along the way. I have had to learn to make myself stop multi-tasking and just focus on the moment. However, this is not one of those moments.

It is looking like I will be hosting the Vinson family Thanksgiving dinner this year. It is only my second time to host and I am extremely thankful for a father-in-law who will smoke more turkey than we could possibly begin to eat. Everyone brings a dish or two and I know it will be a great time.

So, because I know that Thursday will be here before we know it, and I don't think I am blogging again in time, I would love to know what holiday dishes, traditions, and decorations that have become a part your Thanksgiving days. Are there special spiritual components that turn your family's focus back toward God? Having small children, I am always looking for new ways to point them back to their Heavenly Father.

I am hoping that asking this early will give us all an opportunity to try something new this Thanksgiving. Who knows, maybe it will become another family's tradition?

2 comments:

Andrea White... said...

Tara,

I do believe Thanksgiving is becoming one of my favorite holidays!

One Thanksgiving tradition we have started at our house is placing 3 corn kernels in each persons' plate at the dinner table. Before filling our plates with food, we go around the table and thank the Lord for 3 separate things/blessings that happened this year. We remove one kernel per blessing. Some of our family members say 3 all at once while others wait for it to come around to them again. Once the kernels have been removed the plate may be filled!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family and the opportunity to host!

Kathy Britton said...

What a neat idea!