Saturday, October 9, 2010

Money Saving Tips

Girlfriend, the weather is begining to change and the days are growing shorter. God is splashing color on the leaves. I love this time of year. However, I know that the holidays are approaching as well. It means gifts to purchase and food to prepare. It also means chocolate fudge, cocoa, and other chocolate goodies. In addition to the holidays financial stress can become an issue with all the extras that take place.

I am a couponer. I love to get items free. One of my fellow staff wives is the "coupon queen" and she is always telling me about her awesome "deals" she has scored. I just get excited when I score husband's body wash and deodorant for free when I catch them on sale and use my coupons. So with the holidays aproaching quickly, I thought it might be fun to share some of your money saving tips with all of us. I would also love cheap, fun, cute gift or party ideas.


One of my favorite haunts for shopping is Michael's dollar bins. I purchase cute notepads, sticky notes, and journals to name a few. Throughout the year I give these items as "love ya" hugs to different girlfriends. They also make great stocking stuffers. Another fav is to head to Bath and Body Works with coupons for free trial size item. I save these goodies and make cute little Christmas bags for the female members of my family.

One minister's wife shares that she buys toys early in the seaon. For instance, she heads to Target usually in February and again July/August and purchases toys for up to 95% off. She also does shopping the day after Christmas. This year she plans to purchase lots of girly lotion/makeup for all her daughter's friends and give them at the birthday parties throughout the year.


My "coupon queen" staff wife says she uses eBay for toy shopping. Many times she will score toys for $20-$50 cheaper. She also uses coupons.com and gets Hasbro and Fisherprice coupons quite often.

So girlfriends, do you have money saving tips, favorite websites for saving, or gift and party ideas? Please share them with us. Let's get these comments coming because the holiday rush is on!


Websites you might want to check out:
southersavers.com
freebies.com
Yahoo!Finance-financiallyfit.yahoo.com
coupons.com

2 comments:

TXGirl said...

I used to think couponing was too much work for not enough value, but now that I know which sites to go to and what's worth the time and what's not, it's addictive.

Another thing about toys, every so often Toys R Us will offer something free if you spend so much, buy 2 get 1 free, etc. I use these sales to buy ahead of time for Christmas or birthdays. If you combine these sales with coupons, it's an even better deal.

Vickie said...

Thanks TXGirl for you post and tip. I hope more ladies will share with us.