Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heirs Together

I believe with all my heart that when you marry a minister, God has chosen the two of you for a very special job. I believe it is an incredible privilege to be married to a minister and serve along side of him.

Peter refers to this in I Peter 5:7 when he mentions, “being heirs together of the grace of life…” I believe that Peter was referring to becoming more Christlike together.

Please don’t miss this! Don’t let satan fool you into thinking that your husband is called and you are following. We are all called and God has a specific task for every one of His children. We are all His disciples, therefore, as a wife of a minister you must follow Jesus with your husband.

We have all heard the many different thoughts on wives in ministry. “My husband is called, not me.” “I am not paid, he is.” “I am just here to support my husband.” “He is the one they hired, not me.”

Jill Briscoe says it best, “”Called is the sense of personal spiritual responsibility each of us has before God. It is our responsibility to serve in discipleship. In the role and function where you find yourself, your calling has to be worked out. But you most definitely are called to serve or minister, if you claim to be a disciple of Jesus. You are a disciple disguised as a minister’s wife.”

I hope you will thank God for the privilege He has given you to be married to one of His ministers. I pray you will be “heirs together of the grace of life.”

No comments: