Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beginnings & Resolutions

I just saw a commercial while watching the Rose Bowl with my husband. It was for some insurance or investment company. The whole premise was that that company would treat each and every day as if it were New Year's. That they would be just as resolved to keeping their promises to their customers, as we all are on New Year's day, that those feelings would carry over into March 3rd, June 2nd, and October 15th.

Maybe you've prayerfully made some resolutions. Maybe, you are like me and have some things that you want to do differently in 2011 than you did them in 2010. Maybe you are praying that the Holy Spirit will enable you to break some old habits that just won't seem to go away on their own.

No matter how you are viewing this start of a new year, I am just so thankful that we serve a God who delights in making all things new.

Thank you Lord for allowing us to begin again, and again and again, and again. Thank you Lord for new years, new days and new beginnings!

I don't know about you ladies, but I could use some accountability in my "resolution" for 2011. I am going to post mine under the comments. If you will pray for me in mine, and would like me to pray for you in yours, please feel free to add your own. As you will see, mine is nothing deeply spiritual or tremendously life-altering, but it is something that I feel like I need to do for myself and my family. I have a feeling that God WILL teach me a spiritual lesson in the process though!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Okay, here it is! I really want to be a better meal planner. I really think my girls need to eat healthier and that I need to be a better steward of the finances that God has given us. I am still praying for the specifics of what this looks like and I know that I have a tendancy to become overly "stuck" to my plans. (I have this on-going struggle with my own expecations!)

So, please pray for God's guidance and my "resolve" (pun not intended!) to lean on Him through this process. I don't want this to become a "me" thing!

Lana said...

Tara, mine is to de-clutter my home. After four years in a new house I still have boxes that are not opened, just stored away in closets. That tells me I probably don't need them, why should my home be a storage unit---get rid of it!!