Monday, March 14, 2011

Shaken

Unless you are in some kind of silent isolation you could not be unaware of what is happening in Japan. The earthquake there is on every station of radio, television and in every conversation as I walk through my day.

As christians, we know what God says about earthquakes, wars, famines, etc. We hear sermons about the 'signs of the times' on a regular basis. As a believer, you must be aware of the fact that Jesus is certainly returning, sooner than later!

How do you feel about that? Are you excited, scared, ready, have a few more things you need/want to do? I have to tell you that when I woke to the news of the earthquake in Japan, every plan I had for the day seemed unimportant. I could only think of one thing. My brother, still does not know Jesus! I picked up my Bible and began to read. As I was reading through my daily Bible plan, God clearly spoke to me. He reminded me of things He wanted me to get rid of in my life. I was reminded of His forgiveness and love. I was reminded that this life on earth is just a flash of time and eternity is ETERNITY - FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!!!

Do you believe that? I have always heard that you do what you believe Soooo, I picked up the phone and called my brother in Florida. I did not expect him to be home, yet he answered the phone. He immediately mentioned Japan and I asked Him if he understood what was happening. He was raised in church and commented, "People have been saying Jesus is coming back as long as he could remember." We talked a long time and he promised to call me back later. I still haven't heard, but I am praying.

Do you have family members that need Jesus? Do you have church members that need Jesus? Do you need Jesus? It is time that we live what we believe. Jesus is coming and He wants us to be ready and be telling the Good News.

My brother did not accept Christ this week, but I am praying and will be calling again. He is looking for answers. Those around you are looking for answers and we have The Answer.

Psalm 62:1-2 "My Soul finds rest in God alone. He alone is my rock and my salvation, He is my fortress. I will never be shaken."

No comments: