Friday, March 11, 2011

VERY URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS


-----Prayer Request # 1. I have a very URGENT PRAYER REQUEST. I teach sixth graders and one of our girls had a place come up on her arm four weeks ago. They went to the doctor and he burned it off. It came back so they cut it off and sent it to the pathologist. The results came back Melanoma. She has since had another surgery where they removed a larger chunk from her arm and removed a lymph node from under her arm. She has been diagnosed with at least stage 3 cancer.

The girl is scheduled for a complete body PET Scan today and they will meet with the doctors afterwards. Please PRAY that they do not find anything else. She will have to have at least one more surgery and then will have to undergo Interferon treatment three times a week for a month. Then, more tests to determine if it is helping.

Also, remember the rest of my Middle School in your prayers. We are a sixth through eighth grade small school, so as you can imagine this is impacting the entire school body. This is the first time most of the students have experienced someone close to their age with CANCER so it is scary.

BTW...I would like to brag on my homeroom class. It is probably because they know that I am a PW "preacher's wife" but they are the "most praying" little group of kids that I have ever seen. They had asked once if they could pray out loud in my class. I told them that by law I am not allowed to lead them in anything like that. (On their own, they meet outside my class and have prayer together most mornings.) When the little girl came back to school Monday, my class went over me (I've told them that if they ask I have to say no....smile) and asked her if she would come into our classroom and let them pray for her. One of my boys then prayed one of the prettiest prayers. He asked that God be with the girl during her next surgery and during all of her treatments and that God would help her not to be afraid. He also prayed for the doctors. What a witness!!

PLEASE add this young girl to your prayer list and have everyone you know to pray for her and her family. Her first name is Chrissy.


-----Prayer Request #2 - I have another student who is having severe pain in her hip area which is affecting her mobility. She has undergone lots of testing and even had the "shock treatment" this week to check the nerves. So far, they have not been able to find out what is causing this problem and it has gotten worse during this school year. Please remember Cora in your prayers.


-----Prayer Request #3 - One of our boy's mom has cancer and is going through chemo right now. Please remember her and her family in your prayers.


Thank you for the prayers. God bless you and have a great day!

No comments: