Monday, June 6, 2011

Never Give Up!!

You know what it is like to pour yourself into someone’s life...

I spent hours and hours with her…..listening to her. Weeks pouring God into her. Months pouring myself into her. Pouring Truth into her. Hearing her sinful story and the way satan has twisted her mind and will has brought me to many tears and agonizing and to be honest….many times fear and frustration.

Then a breakthrough!! During the altar call after my husband taught on temptation she finds me with tears rolling down her face asking me to go with her to the altar and pray with her. And go I did!! I was rejoicing that she was finally letting all of the sin that was so easily entangling her and she would be cut with holy scissors and set free from all of that bondage. The altar was wet with our tears and I am pretty sure the people were tired of singing the same verses over and over but we did not care! God was at work! Finally she “got” it!!

Or at least I thought. No sooner had she released and repented….the enemy began his ugly work again. She began to struggle again and I was in tears!! Fearful. Frustrated. Questioning. What will happen?

Ministry can be so hard. We often do not see instant results….but often we do!! NEVER forget that God is at work behind the scenes…we may not see any progress and discouragement can set in…but KNOW He is at work!!! Be encouraged. “your toil is not in vain in the Lord!!”

Never give up!!

No comments: