Friday, September 16, 2011

Answers to Questions

Below are the responses to two of the questions I asked ministers’ wives.

Question #1 Why do you think it is sometimes hard for ministers’ wives to have friends?

1. People are intimidated by us. (Honestly, that one almost makes me laugh out loud!! Are you kidding?? What in the world?? Me intimidate? I am an idiot!!)

2. They think we are not fun. (Now that one just makes me out right frustrated!! Not fun?? Do they think we just sit around with sour looks on our faces all day?? Hummm….maybe that is how we look?? Yikes!)

3. They think we already have tons of friends. (What they don’t know is that a lot of people are “friendly” but not a lot are “friends”.)

4. We move and they don’t want to get too close to us. (Heartbreaking isn’t it?)

5. We are “not from here”. (I for sure can relate to this one!! After living in a town for 15 years people would still say, “Oh, yea, you are not from here so…..”)


Question #2 What do you need/want in a friend? OR What is a True Friend?

Someone I can…..
1. Shop with
2. Pray with
3. Be accountable to/with
4. Hang out with
5. Be myself with/be real with
6. Share confidences with
7. Be honest with
8. Not be competitive with
9. Laugh with
10. Share my life/self with
11. Get beyond the superficial with
12. Who likes my family

Honestly, even though I have and do have lots of friends, I have only had a few that I could do all 12 of these with....and I am learning that that is OK!! Different people might meet different needs. God is the only one who will meet all of our needs!!

What would you add to these two lists?

No comments: