Friday, September 30, 2011

Pastor's Wife

I just want to be me!!

Don’t get me wrong, I love being a pastor’s wife, but sometimes, I would just love to slip in and sit on the pew unnoticed. It would be nice to slide in and slide out without being stopped every few feet with questions or suggestions?

I wonder how it would feel to be the last to arrive at church and be the first to leave. What if we only had to come to church services……….no meetings, no counseling, etc.?

What if we could gain weight without anyone noticing? What if we could loose weight without anyone noticing? Or get a new hair style without EVERYONE noticing or even a new outfit? What if we could purchase a car or boat or something else without anyone truly noticing?

Wouldn't it be nice to go to church and sit on the pew without KNOWING so much? I mean, as a pastor's wife… we KNOW if there are any problems in the church and we KNOW the trouble makers. We KNOW the unfaithful people and the people that are not dependable. We KNOW the ones that are having marital problems. We KNOW the ones that are in financial trouble.

Sometimes, I guess, I feel like we truly do live in a fishbowl (just as Tara spoke about a few posts back) and I am overwhelmed. (Even though, like Tara said, we should embrace it and let the world see Christ through us.)

I am humbled to live in my fishbowl for others to see...be it good or bad. When I am truly honest with myself......I would not have it any other way. I would miss it all; the good and the bad.


God called me to be a pastor's wife and I am honored to serve in that capacity.

1 comment:

Sybil - Riverview, Lenoir City said...

WOW..it was so refreshing to read your blog!! I know how you feel and must admit..I agree with you. While I love the call and would not have it any other way, there are times when I would like for my opinion or comments to be "mine" and not the First Lady's!! But then, I'm quickly reminded that we are one in the same!! It's what God has called me, called us to do. And, more than anything, I believe He wants me to be the me He made me to be. The me that brings Him glory whether I'm first lady or not. Be encouraged my sisters! We are not alone and just when we think we can't take it anymore, reflect back on the life of Christ. To God be the glory!