Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A "Real" Blessing

Like Dana, I was honored to be a part of the East Tennessee Ministers' Wives Retreat at Carson's Springs a couple of weekends ago. I enjoyed sitting under her teaching, making new friends and eating LOTS of chocolate. Our fellow blogger, Vickie, was on the planning team for the event and, if you've followed our blog for long, you know her love for all things chocolate. I can't help but wonder if she had some influence over the weekend's chocolate and friendship theme. Hmmmmm.

It had been a long while since I had been with Dana and Vickie in person and it was nice to reconnect face-to-face at least a little. But it was a "real" blessing to get to meet some of our blog readers for "real."

You see, as I have written in this virtual world of blogging, I have not had a single face to have as a mental image of an audience as I have written. I have thought of various ministers' wives who are friends, but I am not sure how many of them actually read our posts.  While some of you respond to our blogs, it is still sometimes hard to picture who our readers "really" are.  Sometimes I feel like I am writing a diary or in a journal, and it is hard to remember that there are "real" women reading my posts.

As some of you approached me saying you've read my posts, my mind swirled trying to remember all the things I had confided to you in my blogs. Then I felt silly thinking how could I "confide" anything in such a public way!

So, who did I learn that our blog readers are? You are "real" women with "real" hearts and very "real" hurts and needs. You are beautiful daughters of our King, sisters in the faith and co-laborers in our Father's vineyards. We come from various sized churches. We are in various life stages. We are united in a unique sorority, being married to ministers.

Thank you Ladies for your warm welcome and encouraging words. Thank you for being exactly the you that God created you to be and for serving Him in the place that He has ordained for you to serve. Thank you for ministering to me.

If you have a second, whether you attended the weekend or not, could you respond to this post? It would be a great encouragement to all of us that write to know you are reading. It doesn't have to be lengthy or say much at all, maybe just your name and where you live . . .  It is just a good reminder to us that "real" ministers' wives who are "real" women, read our little blog.

4 comments:

TXGirl said...

I'm reading it right now!!:)

Sara said...

Loved the retreat and meeting you all. I love to read the blog and check just about daily. Keep up the good work. You have no idea how many times I have felt you were writing directly to me or I was able to share with someone else that needed the encouragment.

Thank you for all you do!

lam324 said...

Thanks to all of you Sisters who write together on Prime Rib! I am a faithful reader and many, MANY times have been blown away at how a post relates to something I am or have gone through in our ministry. Keep up the good work ladies! I wasn't able to attend this past conference but I did attend the one at Natchez Trace in May and really enjoyed myself. Next year I just may attend both ;).

Leigh Ann Werner
Smyrna Baptist Church
Burlison, TN

Pat said...

It was great gettting to meet you, Tara! Thanks for all the "real stuff" you share in the blog. Hope to get together for coffee next time I come to Clarksville to see my grandbabies. Keep up the good work and thanks for all your prayers and encouragement!!