Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas

Well, I am still doing some packing in preparation for moving.  Yesterday was just an awful day.  My husband and I decided to walk through each room and make sure we had "depersonalized" it.  Then, we started trying to decide what items we would need to take with us for the next few weeks.  I admit up front I was not a happy person and did a little crying.  Everytime I walked by the kitchen I grabbed a handful of chocolate.  Seriously, this is Christmas and my house should be decorated.  I should be preparing for friends and family.  Instead, I am preparing to move.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  I love decorating and choosing gifts for people.  I love the parties and having family and friends into our home.  However, this year our house depersonalized and honestly, a little depressing. 

However, one precious thing happened.  My husband portrayed Joseph last week at our church's Parent Night Out.  I decided to stop "decluttering" and packing and go with him.  Seeing the children laughing and their excitement helped my spirits.  Before we left, the children made a presentation to us-a handcrafted Christmas tree of their handprints on posterboard. 

Girlfriends, this Christmas tree proudly sits in the corner of our house.  It reminds me that Christmas is not about the parties and gifts.  It is about the birth of our Savior and Lord who personally thought of us on that first Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments: