Friday, December 2, 2011

Pouring Rain

What a week! When it rains it pours……literally!!! Sunday morning I got up to take a shower and there was no hot water and four people in the house had to take showers to go to church. We all took lukewarm showers and survived.

Our church is 32 miles from church so usually on Sundays we stay at church and do not come home. That was the case this Sunday also. Later that night as we were driving home, we were dreading having to deal with no hot water.

We got home and found our bathroom wet. Apparently there was a leak in the roof and water was dripping from the ceiling. I might also mention that a couple of weeks ago, we were having drain problems, so my husband went under the floor to fix it and discovered that our spare bathroom had had a leak and had major problems. To make a long story short, all of the flooring and the sheet rock had to be torn out and everything totally re-done. The spare bathroom is about half-way finished since Roger and our neighbor are working on it at night, after work. That being said, this meant that BOTH bathrooms had issues.

On top of all of that, my husband has a history of kidney stones that usually do not pass on their own without the aide of some type of surgery. His kidney has been hurting since Sunday.

The ceiling probably decided to leak because it is FLOODING in East Tennessee. The rain began Sunday and by Monday, the schools were let out early because the creeks had risen. (Also, let it be noted that once again I took a not-so-fun COLD SHOWER.)

We have Christmas in a few weeks and the wedding a couple of weeks after that and it is CRAZY at the Britton House. All I could do was just sit down and laugh. Welcome to our world! I know that God has a sense of humor and sometimes I think he loves putting us on the end of the yo-yo and watching us go up and down just to see how we handle it all. Smile.

Praise the Lord….my husband called Whirlpool and they were able to talk him through it and I had hot water by the time I got home on Monday. I left Wednesday morning to go to Nashville for a Technology Conference and will return today (Friday) hopefully the spare bathroom will be finished when I return.


Like I said at the beginning of this blog...when it rains, it pours...LITERALLY.

And you thought you had problems!!! Smile. Seriously, all of these things are JUST THAT…THINGS and FIXABLE THINGS at that. We still have so many blessings and praises. It could have been a lot worse. It’s easy to praise God on the Mountain Top….but what we need to strive to do is praise God in the Valley.

No comments: