Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Lists

I broke down last night and started writing my Christmas lists. No, these aren't the kind my daughters are writing, bullet pointing every item they hope to receive. These lists aren't about wishing at all, except for a strong desire to cross off items when they are completed.

I have lists for who I need to buy presents for and what I have bought them.

I have lists for what I need to do before the get-together I am hosting on Sunday.

I have lists for both Krogers and Walmart. (How crazy am I to try both in one day!)

I have lists of important dates so I won't hurt any one's feelings and that I will be where I am supposed to be with what I am supposed to have at the right time.

I am trying to be on top of things and organized, but . . . I know all too well that even though I may order my steps, it is our loving Father who directs them. It doesn't matter how with it I am, it is all in His hands. I am not promised tomorrow and neither are you dear Sister.

So, my goal in all my lists is to remember. Yes, I need to remember everything listed, but I also want my lists to remind me that He never forgets, His love is steadfast and He has the right to intervene at any time.

In my weakness, He is made evident. I need lists. He does not.

And whether I complete everything on each list or nothing on any of them, Christmas is still Christmas. God is still God and He sent me Jesus. Thank you Lord!

No comments: