Friday, November 16, 2012

God's Gifts

If you are a Facebook person, you probably have seent he blessing post by individuals.  We do have so much to be thankful for.  With Thanksgiving around the corner, I have become reflective on the blessings and gifts God has bestowed on me.  Of course, I am very thankful for an endless supply of chocolate that is given to me from my fellow chocoholics in my church family.  Oh but girlfriends, there are so many more gifts God has given to me.

Salvation:  Where would any of us be with out this gift?  It is free and can never be taken away.

Family:  This is one of my greatest gifts.  My family is very precious to me.  In the past I believe I have often taken them for granted, however, this year has made me fully understand to never take anyone for granted.  My mom will not be with us this holiday season because the Lord called her home.  Her homemade chocolate pies and made from scratch Italian Cream Cake will be missed.  My sons and their families will be scattered to the four corners of the world.  One son will celebrate the holiday with other deployed soldiers.  I do get to spend the holiday with my father who is still recovering from a serious illness.  I have a husband who loves the Lord with all his heart.  The new addition to our family-Gideon- is our bright spot.  This sweet little boy has put a smile on my face and tons of love in my heart.  I live each day to get photos and videos by text or the internet.  In addition, Skype keeps us current on Gideon's daily feats. 

Friends:  Each friend I have is a gift of God.  They have walked into my life and helped me to learn new lessons from the Father.  Some of these people were the last person I would have ever thought would be a friend let alone a best friend.  However, God knew they had a unique quality that would make me a better person.

Our Calling:  You make be shaking your head at this idea, however, it is truly a gift.  Think about it for a moment.  The God of the Universe, Creator of All, King of Kings called us-mere, messed up, sinful humans-out special to tell the world of His salvation and love.  How humbling!

Our Church Family:  My husband and I are blessed with one of the sweetest, loving church families ever.  They have opened their arms and hearts and welcomed us.  We love these people dearly and only pray that God allows us many years together.

So girlfriends, I ask you today what are some of God's gifts to you this year? 



(Please forgive me but I had to share a photo of Gideon per the request of one of our sisters).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Kathy Britton said...

Oh, my goodness!!! Gideon is such a handsome young man and he is growing sooo fast. Just makes me even more anxious!!!!