Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Just One More . . .

Ladies,

Do you ever feel like if you can just get through the next thing then you will be ready?

I feel like this whole pregnancy of mine has been like that. It is as if I haven't marked it by how many weeks or months along I am, but by the next focused event on my calendar.

Through the summer, it was VBS, then camp, then a wedding shower I was helping to throw in Ohio.

By August, it was the start of school, the start of work, piano lessons and then the wedding to go with the shower.

Now that September is upon us, I am waiting for my friend's consignment sale (I have a ton of items to sell!), for dance lessons to begin and a nursery to put together.

Then, I will be ready . . .  or so I think, I will.

God has been so graciously good to me not to overlap these things that I have commitments to and responsibilities for. However, I do realize that He has the right and the authority to change my plans at any time.

My third baby really could come any day now, whether the crib has been assembled or not. With this pregnancy, God has been gently reminding me on a regular basis that He is in control, not me. The "just one more" thing I want to accomplish or see through may not happen, but He has this. He knows my days. He is in control . . .

How has God reminded you lately that He is in control?

No comments: