Wednesday, May 21, 2014

An Acronym For P-E-A-C-E


Ladies, if you have read some of my blogs in the past, you know that sometimes I love to come up with acronyms. The Lord gives me these revelations as encouragement, not only for myself, but to share with others, to edify and to exhort those who may be dealing with the difficult trials of life. In the past few months, I have been dealing with a situation that has caused me a lot of disappointment, heartache, and grief, but God’s grace is sufficient.

Understandably, life is full of blessings and “blow ups”, and at times, these may occur simultaneously (can I get a witness!). One thing that soothes and comforts in the not so pleasant situations of life is God’s amazing peace. Yes, I have an acronym for P-E-A-C-E. The Lord’s peace in the midst of pain truly is above all comprehension.

P=PRAY
I don’t know about you, but when I go to my Father and cry out to Him concerning all that is weighing on my heart, afterwards I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my soul. I cherish my quite moments of talking with Him. In fact, He tells us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17), and that we should always pray and not lose heart (Luke 18:1).

E=EVALUATE THE ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE
As children of God, if we truly look at our circumstances in light of the promised joys of heaven, is there really any comparison? I know that on this side of glory, it is sometimes very difficult to focus on heaven when we are experiencing trials and tribulations on earth. But our Father tells us that these “light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all”. (2 Corinthians 4:17). One day the Lord will take us away from all of this, and as the psalmist said, we may be weeping now, but joy is coming! (Psalm 30:5). Remember, our blessed Savior has gone to prepare a special place for us (John 14:3).

A=ACCEPT REALITY
When we go through hard situations, are we to think that the Lord does not care, or that we are going through these times alone? A thousand times NO! Our Lord told His disciples, just as He tells us, that in this life we will have tribulation, but He reminds us that He has overcome the world (John 16:33). Also, we are not to think it a strange thing when we endure “fiery ordeals”, because we go through things according to the will of God, and we can trust that He knows what He is doing by allowing the trials. (1 Peter 4:12-19)

C=COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
In spite of what we may be going through, the Lord has been good to us in so many ways. The one blessing that supersedes all others is the fact that we have a Savior who gave His life to pay our sin debt, and because of His awesome sacrifice, the Father has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3). I could go on and on with this one, but just think about all the many countless ways that the Lord has given you blessing after blessing!

E=EXALT THE SAVIOR
When our minds are filled with discouragement and despair, start praising and exalting the Lord Jesus Christ. Here are just a few of His glorious names:
King of Kings, Lord of Lords (He has power over my trials)
Wonderful Counselor (He counsels me through my trials)
Blessed Hope (He gives me hope in my trials)
The Resurrection and the Life (He will one day take me away forever from my trials)

I hope and pray that this acronym encourages you in some way. Perhaps you may want to write it down, copy and paste it, or hide it in your heart as you navigate the journey of life. Opt for peace instead of a “pity party”, and watch how the Lord changes your perspective about what you are facing. His peace truly guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7).

Our Lord is so amazing! May we keep our eyes fixed on Him!

No comments: