Wednesday, October 11, 2017

JOURNALING.....to a New Level

I have shared about my methods of "quiet time" with other ladies at a conference that I led, but I have never thought to share it with the ladies at my church.  (I guess I just saw that as my private time with God...."

We have a "Secret Sister" Group Messaging.....and one of the ladies posted about her new "Bible Journaling" Bible.  It has the pictures already stamped in the Bible and you "color" the pages.  She was talking about how relaxing it was, etc. and some of the other ladies started asking questions and seemed interested.

I joined in and told them my story of over three years ago when I got interested but was too "CHEAP" so I came up with my own version of "Redneck Bible Journaling".

The ladies jumped ALL OVER that...............it was CHEAP and the only thing they really needed to purchase was the "book" which was less than $5.  They began questioning me.....asking for examples of my work, etc.

Long story short...............they are wanting us to have a "BIBLE JOURNALING WORKSHOP" so we can all learn and work on it together..........especially the ones that are a little nervous about beginning it.

I had personally mostly used the "Bible Journaling" for when I was so stressed that my mind would not focus on "reading anything deep." 

Anyway....I would like to share with you the testimony of one of those ladies.  She is in her early thirties, works outside the home and has two small children.

She purchased her a "Drawing Book" to begin journaling.  She has gotten soooo "into it" that she claims to be obsessed.  She says that it has made her so hungry for God's Word that she MADE TIME to join the Study Group on Sunday Nights, "DETOURS" and she MADE TIME to begin coming to church on Wednesday nights.

She shares that she was at a stage in her life where she felt that she did not have time for devotions and quiet time.  She began the Bible Journaling.....to begin with....just for fun.  It was through it that she got convicted of the "hours" she spent playing "Candy Crush" on her phone................so she deleted all of her game apps on her phone.

She also shared that the Bible Journaling keeps scriptures in her heart and gives her comfort and peace during the day.

SOOOOO......I had always looked at the Journaling as a "light, fun" way to read the scriptures...........BUT, after this lady has shared her testimony................
  • It's made her HUNGRY for God's Word.
  • It's convicted her to delete her "game" apps to give her more time for God.
  • It's caused her to FIND TIME to be a part of a Bible Study.
  • It has made her want to be at church every time the doors are open
  • It's kept her thoughts and mind to focus on "scriptures" instead of the things in the world.
In other words...................seeing what this simple "Redneck Bible Journaling" has done for her..................it has moved Bible Journaling to a whole new level in my mind.

Ladies........I know many of you are probably expert Bible Journal-lers............I would LOVE to hear your stories and how God has used this "hobbie".




No comments: