Monday, October 9, 2017

"Redneck Bible Journaling"

A little over three years ago.....I began to get interested in Bible Journaling.  I had a friend from Alabama that kept "pinning" things on Pinterest about it and I became very interested.  I began sending her messages and asking questions.

Now....three years ago, Bible Journaling was fairly new so the "special Bibles" were expensive.  Then I discovered that you MUST purchase "special" markers, pens, pencils, etc.............so that it will not bleed through the fragile pages.

I was soooo disappointed.............because I am CHEAP and was not willing to spend the money required to carry out this craft.

After Googling it....and searching on Pinterest....I read where if you were not comfortable with "writing in the Bible" just yet....to practice on notebook paper.

From that thought.....I found a "Drawing Hard Bound Book" in the art section of Walmart for under $5 and I purchased it.  The pages are thick.  I took my new "book", my sharpie pens, Crayola colored pencils, Crayola thin markers, pencil and any other supplies I already had on hand and began what I call my "Redneck Bible Journaling." 

I LOVE IT............and it is sooooo addictive.

I love to underline in my regular Bible and write in the margins, but I was very nervous about "messing up" my Bible by attempting to draw and color in it.  With my "Redneck Journal"...first...it only cost less than $5.........and second....if I totaled messed up.....I could always "tear" that page out and my book would not be destroyed.

I LOVE Bible Journaling.................it is such a STRESS RELIEF for me. 

When I complete my book, I will have a book of scriptures and thoughts that have meaning to me.

Like I mentioned before.........I have done this off and on for over three years.  Later this week I will tell you the story about events that have brought this to a new level for me.

The inside of my Journal............just plain drawing paper.
I decorated the front of my "Redneck Journal".
And, I also decorated the back.


 


No comments: