Monday, May 7, 2018

Service Checkup



Last week I had three different service technicians in our home.  One came to do a check on my washer and dryer.  Oops!  He found a small issue with the drier and quickly fixed the problem. No matter how much I clean the lint from the dryer trap and attempt to clean the inside, there are always those sneaky little places in the tubing vent that catch lint that cause problems.  (Hmm, it is a little like eating a few bites of chocolate to curve your craving while you are watching your calories.  However, in a few hours, you shockingly discover you have eaten the whole chocolate bar). Thankfully, this service checkup caught an issue that could have caused destruction later.

Sometimes I wish humans came with a once a day mandatory service checkup.  Some days I fly through my day with little thought of God.  Oh, I may “manage” to squeeze in a brief few minutes of quiet time, but never take the time to reflect on what His word is trying to tell me.

On days like this my temperament is not even close to godly.  My impatience flares which breeds anger.  I find I lash out at people especially my family.  If only I had taken the time to reflect (or receive a spiritual checkup) from the Lord that morning, I may have avoided potentially dangerous situations.

Ladies, we need to do a spiritual checkup daily.  Ministry can be a wonderful experience.  However, let’s face it.  There are those days when it gets messy.  If we do not have our lives in order, Satan can throw an issue our way that can cause us to become bitter and angry.  Bitterness and anger breed broken fellowship with the body of Christ.

I challenge each of us to be more aware of the sneaky sins in our lives.  Don’t be afraid to ask the Lord to do a “service checkup” on you.  It may be painful at first, but in the long run, it will save you from a disastrous situation.

No comments: