Monday, July 6, 2009

Healthy Body and Soul



Last week I was on a marathon run to visit all my doctors. I had my yearly mammogram and ob/gyn visit. Then, one day was spent at my family doctor just having the routine blood work check-ups. On Thursday I got to visit my favorite place on earth-the dentist office. Why do I schedule all these visits in one week? Simple, I wanted to get them over with. The good news is that I was given a clean bill of health. Even my dentist did not fuss about all the chocolate I consume.

As much as I want to have a healthy body, I desire more to have a healthy soul. Sometimes sin creeps in through the crackles and settles in. In my case, one of my biggest sins is worry. I do not take it immediately to the Great Physician. Instead, I let this little issue grow and fester into a major infection. It spreads into my quiet time and into my prayer time. It hampers me from serving the Lord in my fullest potential. However, if I had simply carried this sin before the Lord, He would have cured me of the illness and taken away the undo stress.

So girlfriends, hear me when I say this because I am preaching right at me as well, let’s agreed to pray for one another and carry our burdens to the Great Physician before we become too sick to minister for Him. Let’s keep our bodies and our souls healthy and clean.

No comments: