Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Still Gardening

Last night I went to my garden and found two beautiful red tomatoes on the ground. They both had teeth marks in them! I looked closely and then from the corner of my eye saw the owner of the teeth - a very fat rabbit!

I really don't mind sharing my veggies with the animals, but these were the first two tomatoes that had ripened! I was so looking forward to them. We had watered and pruned branches, staked them so they would not fall over and ended up with half eaten tomatoes! I was frustrated and disappointed.

How was your day today? Do you ever do everything right only to get a giant bite taken out of you?

Satan loves to discourage us as we serve our Lord. Ministry can be full of joy and it can be full of stress. We can see very evident fruit of our work and we can be very disappointed in the results of our work.

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."

I have more tomatoes on the vine and will have plenty to eat this summer. I will continue to water, prune and stake because I know I will have tomatoes.

Don't give up on those whom God has called you to serve. Paul reminds us in the following verse, Galatians 6:10 "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith."

No comments: