Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy 4th of July!!! For the longest time this was one of the biggest holidays in our family. It was my Dad's birthday, and he used to say that the whole country celebrated with him. When he passed away though, things changed. This year we will celebrate with church "family" instead. I love the fact that God is faithful to place us in churches where I are as comfortable with some of them as I am with my own family. I pray that as you celebrate today you will thank God He has given you people to enjoy life with!

On a completely different note, it was wonderful seeing so many of you at the SBC. The Minister's Wives Luncheon was fun and there was so much good information. I don't know how many of you got to attend, but they announced a new Bible study for minister's wives. I am going to try to involve the wives on our staff. I will let you know how that goes. It seemed like such a great idea and I am sure it will help with us getting to know each other better.

If you would like more info, just let me know.

Thanks, and I hope you have a great 4th!!!

No comments: