Thursday, June 3, 2010

Answering His Call

Yesterday I shared with you the fact that Jesus wanted us specifically. He calls our name and has the perfect plan.

Today I opened my bible to Isaiah. Of course, there I found that very familiar passage, "Here am I! Send me." Isaiah was eager to go and share what God had taught him.

I noticed that something very important had happened before Isaiah was ready to go. Isaiah had a clear look at the holiness of God and the sinfulness of his own heart. He saw God sitting on His throne and began to get a glimpse of His glory. As this occurred he became keenly aware of his own sinfulness. His cry was, "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips."

As we serve our Lord, He is looking to purify us, clean us up for His service. We must take time to look to Him, see His holiness and ask for the righteousness of Christ in our lives. Then and only then will we be ready to go to those whom God has prepared for us to serve.

God cleans our heart to give us real love for those He puts in our lives. He give us compassion for those around us who are hurting. He gives us boldness to call sin what God calls sin. We are able to forgive because we have seen our own sin and experienced forgiveness.

Take time to go to the throne today so you will be able to say, "Here am I! Send me

No comments: