Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jesus Calls

This morning I opened my Bible to start my day with the Lord. This is not an unusual thing for me, it is what I do. My husband brings me coffee and I fluff the pillows and begin to ask God to tell me what we are going to do together. Then, I open His word for directions.

As I began to read in Mark I saw Jesus heal, teach, show compassion. These are things I have read before yet, I still learn every time I spend time with Him. I had you ladies in mind as I was in the word because I knew I was going to be writing. As I was reading the words seemed to jump at me. I immediately thought of each of you.

Mark 3:13 "And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him."

As many times as I have read through Mark, I have never noticed those particular words. The thought of Jesus calling me because He wanted me. Does that humble you? Are you amazed that Jesus, the Son of God, chose you and wanted you? "called those He Himself wanted!"

Are you aware that you are serving where you are right now because Jesus wants you there? The people you are ministering to are there because Jesus knows you are the one to minister to them.

A key part of that verse is that last sentence. "And they came to Him." Jesus wanted those men to teach in order that they could continue His kingdom work, but each had to answer the call. That is the way it works for each of us as well. As Jesus calls us out each and everyday to continue His kingdom work, we must come to Him, get our instructions and obey.

I pray you will take time today to thank Him for the call and go to Him for your instructions for the day.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Once again, exactly what I needed!!