Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Praying for Your Husband

I find that I get little sleep on Saturday nights. It is not that I stay up too late partying or watching TV or hanging out with friends. In fact, my Saturday nights are quite the opposite. My husband prefers to not make plans for Saturday night but to eat a fairly early dinner (not necessarily always at home because, fortunately for me, he LOVES to go out to eat) and then he retreats to the church for several hours of praying and reflecting and refining and preparing his heart and mind for Sunday.

After he leaves I, too, finish and/or refine my study for the ladies I teach, spend some time meditating and praying, read some and then off to bed long before he comes home. So, why is it I get little sleep Saturdays?

It is because I am praying and interceding all through the night....for him, for the ladies in my class, for the staff, for the worship team and choir, for the children and students, for the teachers. For God to pour out His power and love upon us. For Him to anoint my husband. That we all would be broken and spilled out and teachable and forgiving. That we would truly worship Him. That the enemy would be bound. And on and on my heart pours out to my God throughout the night...and to be honest, I'd really like to get some sleep!! But I feel such a responsibility.

For some reason, you see, I often times believe the lie that I am the only one who prays for my husband. That it is up to me and my prayers. That I am responsible for God to show up!! How crazy is that??? But, do you ever feel like that? Do you ever feel like you are the only one who is praying for him? Do you, like me, ever feel overwhelmed with the responsibility? Do you long to know that someone is also crying out to God for the Church?

Oh, Father, would you raise up many people in our churches who care more about praying than prying. Whose hearts would burn for Your power and glory to come down strong during our worship and who would pray without ceasing for us to know You and not be content with knowing about You. Thank you Lord for those who have taken up the banner and do pray for our husbands. In Jesus' precious name....Amen.

No comments: