Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Guarding Your Marriage

I don't want to push this guarding your marriage thing too far. I don't want to rewrite a bunch of advice that you have already heard before. I don't want to come across like I have it altogether in my own marriage.

I just want to remind you to seek Christ first in your marriage as you do with everything else in your life and ministry. I want to encourage you to treasure your mate and let him know that you do. I want you to allow God to use your marriage as a testimony, a picture of His love for His bride, the church, the body you and your husband serve.

If you won't treasure, protect and grow your marriage, who will? I beseech (no, that is NOT a word I use everyday!) you to pray that God will be glorified in your marriage. Don't take it for granted. Be a good steward of the gift that God has blessed you with.

No comments: