Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Asked and Answered

I recently spoke at a Living Proof Live Event in Richmond, Virginia. Of course, Beth Moore was the speaker at the LPL part and several minister’s wives along with myself did breakout sessions before it started. Our sessions were for minister’s wives.

I love being with those special ladies. It was a wonderful time of sharing, learning, praying and praising.

One of the last sessions we had together was a time of questions and answers. This is always one of my favorite times. I am not surprised the same questions are posed in different circumstances over and over again. Women married to ministers face some things that only they can understand.

One question that came up in different forms sounded something like the following. “How do I deal with the woman who does not like me?” “What am I suppose to do with the person who constantly criticizes my husband/children?” “Is there a way to handle the person who calls herself my friend and slanders me behind my back?” “How many times do I apologize and forgive when I am not at fault?”

Do any of these questions sound familiar? Do you have a different version of one of these questions?

We can only get these answered in one place. Counselors can give suggestions, friends may have ideas, but Jesus clearly knew what this problem felt like and had the answer

We are told in Matthew 18 that Peter asked how many times he had to forgive. Jesus answered in verse 22. “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.”

Luke 6 tells us “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you and pray for those who spitefully use you.”

Romans 12:20 “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

Sweet sisters, we know the answer, we just want an easier way. Jesus was very clear that it is not easy to follow Him, but it is always worth it! We must need lots of practice in the area of loving enemies and forgiveness as the opportunities just keep coming.

I am praying for you to be obedient and have victory!

No comments: