Sunday, September 19, 2010

RAK

Who have you recently done a Random Act of Kindness (RAK) for lately? One of my favorite RAKS recently came from a friend who was going through a struggle herself. What do you think she gave me? Yes, a gift bag overflowing with chocolate! A RAK does not have to be anything major like giving money to a stranger or providing a meal for someone who is sick. It can be a simple gesture.


For example, I was out running errands in our community. I was trying to get things done in a hurry because I had so much to do back at the house. For one thing God had been nudging me to write a note of encouragement to a couple of people in our church, and I did not want to let the day pass without doing so.


I quickly ran in Bed, Bath, and Beyond to grab a couple of items. I am a big coupon person so I was loaded with my discount store coupons. While heading to the cashier, a lady stopped me and asked if I knew if the store would allow the use of more than one discount coupon. When I explained to her that she could use more if needed, she told me she was going to put her items away and go back home for her coupons. Not thinking I gave her two of my coupons and started to walk away. Instead she went on to tell me how kind I was, that I had made her day, and that she was going to bless someone with her coupons too.


As I walked out of the store God seemed to tap my brain and let me see that what I had done without thinking was a simple RAK. It did not cost me anything-no money or time. I was the one who truly received the blessing because God reminded me of all the people who had done RAKS to me.


So again sisters, what kind of RAK have you done for someone lately? Better still, has a RAK been done for you? Share with us.

No comments: