Thursday, September 23, 2010

Do You Make God Smile?

I live to make You smile.
I live to bring You honor.
I won't be satisfied
Until every eye is on You
And as I stand before You in this holy place.
May you be glorfied
'cause I live to make You smile.



Our music minister, Todd Green, recently wrote a beautiful song entitled "I Live to Make You Smile." The words are so moving and when he sung the chorus, I truly felt ashamed of the times that I have not brought a smile to God's face. You know those times when people cannot be pleased and you just get so tired and weary you wonder why your ministering family just cannot be a "normal" household. How about the times when you turn around and walk away because you see someone heading down the church hallway that you would rather not deal with on today?



Can you recall times when your own children made you smile? Having raised two sons who are now adults I can still remember the times they brought me beautiful flowers (weeds) from the backyard. I fondly recall the nightly routine of playing the "imaginate" game (named by our oldest son). We would imagine we were traveling all over the world or universe and naming everything we could see. One of my favorite times was when my boys and I created Ninja Turtle brownie pizza, which was chocolate and covered in all kinds of delicious chocolate candies. I'm even smiling as I write this because these memories are so precious.



How can anything I do make God smile? I certainly hope that in some way God smiles when I openly share my heart with you when I blog. I pray when I sub at the elementary school near our church that God smiles when I hug a child no matter what their economic status is. I hope God smiles when I praise Him while walking my dog and enjoying the beauty of creation. I wonder if God smiles when my heart breaks for those in our community who do not attend a church.



So I ask you, do you make God smile?



If you would like to hear Todd Green sing I Live to Make You Smile, you can contact him through our church website at HarpethHeights.org. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: