Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Rest of the Story

OK, Lana....you asked....here is the rest of the story!!

The morning after the wedding where the bride was "bared by the breeze", my maid of honor and some of my other friends were at the same store where I purchased my dress (and who was the guilty party responsible for the "switch"). The girls were trying on bridesmaids dresses for another upcoming wedding. While they were in the dressing room they overheard the employees talking about the terrible, horrible, no good catastrophe that happened the night before....the wrong dress was delivered to a wedding and now they must find a way to quickly get it to the photo shoot scheduled for later that day and retrieve the wrong dress that was delivered there. My friends commented to each other how tragic that was....having no idea they were referring to my dress!!

Later that day I arrive to get my bridal portrait done and wondered why it seemed to be a little out of shape?? And somewhat dirty?? Not knowing what to do, I went forward with the shoot not knowing that my dress was "used". My maid of honor, Carol, and my mom were with me and Carol reflected back on the conversation at the store that morning. After putting two and two together and conferring with my mother, they realized what could have happened. We confronted the store and asked what happened. Initially, they denied any wrong doing but later admitted their mistake.

Since my portrait did not turn out very well....what with a stretched out, dirty gown and all, the store paid for me to get new ones done and ordered me a new dress to wear in my wedding!! So, I wore a beautiful, new wedding dress.

All that to say....ladies, no matter if you wore a new wedding dress or a "used" dress, or one that did not fit, or never had one at all....whether you are single or widowed...if you are a Christ follower you ARE the bride of Christ and you will stand before the King of Kings as His bride dressed in beautiful robes of His righteousness!!! He claims you as His bride!! Rejoice!!! You are beautiful!! You are the bride, the wife of the Lamb...be loved.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Dana, thanks for this wonderful answer to my question--reminding all of us that we are brides, with or without the dress.